When God Has BIG in Mind
BIG IDEA| God has given you an assignment with an unlimited reach! He has had big in mind all along. The purpose of this message is for people who want to think or dream BIG again!
"You planned evil against me; God planned it for good to bring about the present result—the survival of many people." Genesis 50:20 HCSB
▪ Planned|[c]hasab= this is a verb of deliberate action--it involves intention and imagination. It is not an accident!!
THEME| Providence: to see beforehand; a prior seeing; foresight
▪ To know what the family needs in advance (essentials in life)--the one who provides and makes provision
▪ God is fully aware of who I am, but He has an assignment with an unlimited reach. He has "Big" in mind!
“God planned it for good…” (Genesis 50:20(b) HCSB
BACKGROUND| At first life can seem like a series of random events--only by looking back do we see the providence of God leading us from a known past to an unknown future. In between these spaces, we make our choices. Years later I can reflect back on my decisions to discern which ones were beneficial and which ones were fateful.
“Many plans are in a man’s heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand.” (Prov. 19:21) NASB
COMPLICATION| Maybe over the years your dream has become smaller. If you dream big and it doesn’t work out, you’re left with a broken heart. People give up on their dreams all the time because circumstances make them feel SMALL. The problem is, as beings created by a BIG God, we were meant for BIGGER! “Where is God in all this?”
A look back to move forward! "Then Joseph had a dream…" (Genesis 37:5) NASB
▪ Jacob evoked in Joseph’s life a sense of his being bound for something more and something better beyond the competence of his older brothers.
▪ When I look at the 'bigness' of the needs, and the power needed to make a difference or impact, I seem SMALL.